crosscompiler for Linux / x386 , rs6000 as target

Michael Meissner meissner@cygnus.com
Fri Sep 11 18:09:00 GMT 1998

Rene.Schenk@comma-soft.com (Schenk, Rene) writes:

> I'm trying to install gcc as a crosscompiler on Linux / x86 for rs6000 as
> target.
>
> I'm using:
> 	gcc-2.8.1.tar.gz
> 	binutils-2.9.tar.gz
> 	glibc-2.0.6.tar.gz
> 	crossgcc-gcc-2.8.1.patch
>
> I choosed the instructions in FAQ 0.8.2 (applying the patch too)
>
> compiling binutils works fine,
> but when compiling gcc, it stops after a while with the following messages:
> 	libgcc1-test.o: In function 'main_without__main':
> 	libgcc1-test.c: 44: undefined reference to '__itrunc'
> 	libgcc1-test.c: 45: undefined reference to '__itrunc'
> 	make: *** [libgcc1-test] Error 1

These functions are provided by the IBM AIX library (think of them as
millicode).  There are also calls to the _savef28, _restf28 etc. functions.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions (Massachusetts office)
4th floor, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA