Compiling EGCS 1.1b as a cross compiler on Linux

John Breen jab3@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 06:48:00 GMT 1998

From: "Tom Williams" <tom.williams@diversifiedsoftware.com>
>Hello.  I'm trying to build EGCS 1.1b as a cross compiler for AIX 4.3
>(PowerPC-based RS/6000) on Linux (2.0.34 kernel on x86).
>[...]
>host=powerpc-aix43
>target=powerpc-eabi
>prefix=/home/tom/aix43

My understanding of your message is that the cross-compiler will be
running on the Linux x86 system; I think that's what you want 'host' set
to then (although I usually just let the configure script figure out the
host part).  If you're trying to do a "Canadian cross" (build on A to
run on B to compile code for C), that's beyond my experience.
--
John Breen
jab3@hotmail.com