macro on assembler

John Breen jab3@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:38:00 GMT 1998

From: Dony <dony@willowglen.com.sg>
>I found in 'asm.h' and 'crt0.s' some C preprocessor directives,
>like #define, #include, #if ....
>Hmm ... sounds to me that such kind of directives don't exist in GAS.

Are you sure these weren't crt0.S (capital "S")?  I've never used it,
but I remembered seeing the following in the gcc man page:

      .s    Assembler source; assemble
      .S    Assembler source; preprocess, assemble

So apparently .S files will be run through the preprocessor first,
whereas .s files will go straight to GAS.

Don't know if this helps.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com