rtems with powerpc simulator help

Brendan Simon brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
Tue Nov 3 16:38:00 GMT 1998

I am trying to use RTEMS with the powerpc simulator that is configured
into GDB.  I can get the simulator to run some intstructions but it
barfs when trying to access special purpose registers.  I am compiling
code for the MPC860 using the -mcpu=860 in the GCC command line.

Do I have to specify something similar to let the powerpc simulator know
what architecture it is supposed to simulate ?

Are there any docs available on the simulator besides the tiny bits that
are in the GDB manual ?

Brendan Simon.