More problems with building crosscomp. Solaris->powerpc (vxworks)

Alexander V. Voinov avoinov@raima.com
Mon Nov 2 11:24:00 GMT 1998

Dear Colleages,

I'm trying to build egcs-1.1b as a crosscompiler from sun-solaris-2.5.1
to powerpc-wrs-vxworks.

I have overcome the problem wiht 'as -ppc'
setting appropriate link by hand: ../gcc/as-new --->
.../usr/bin/powerpc-wrs-elf32
to previously built binutils configured for powerpc-*-elf32 because they
don't know about vxvworks.

The next problem arises: It infinitely loops at rebuilding libgcc2.a. I
have
hacked it by hand, just to go on, and then it fell in something similar
later. I was too tired to record what happened...

Also when I sometimes forgot to mention LANGUAGES="c c++ f77",
it made the following diagnostics for objc:
vxTypesOld.h conflicts with objc/hash.h
(some symbol already defined).

What is the true procedure if any to accomplished the task stated?

Thank you in advance

Alexander