PIC support for MC68000 in gcc/gas?

John R Chang JRChang+@SPAMNOT-CMU.EDU
Fri Jun 26 15:33:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I need to build something for the MC68000 that requires position
independent code.  m68k-coff-gcc -fpic worked, but gas didn't like it one
bit.  (Do I need to configure it differently?)  m68k-coff-gcc -fPIC said
"-fPIC is not currently supported on the 68000 or 68010."  Any
insight/information would be appreciated, as I am new at this.

(To reply directly, you'll have to remove SPAMNOT- from the address.)

Thanks,

John Chang
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
JRChang+@CMU.EDU | http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jrc/

"The box said 'Windows 95 or better,' so I installed Linux."