Cross solution for PPC-*-EABI using egcs....little pb ;-)

Michael Meissner meissner@cygnus.com
Mon Jan 19 11:09:00 GMT 1998

thiebolt@irit.fr (THIEBOLT Francois) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running linux and built binutils, egcs and newlib_1.8.0 (patched)
> for --target=ppc-motorola-eabi...well done
>
> When i try to make an executable....it works, neitherless i need an srec
> format to upload prg to my embedded system (PPCBUG running),
> so with -oformat=srec got a message from ld (the right one)
>
> ...unreferenced symbol : _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
>
> Any idea ???

Yea, this is kind of broken.  Instead of going directly to s-records, go
instead to the normal ELF file, and then use objcopy to covert to S-records
(the problem is the creation of _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ is done only in the ELF
creation).  Thus you do:

	powerpc-eabi-gcc ... -o prog.out
	powerpc-eabi-objcopy -O srec prog.out prog.srec

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions (Massachusetts office)
4th floor, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA