stddef.h: No such file or directory

THIEBOLT Francois thiebolt@irit.fr
Fri Jan 16 00:42:00 GMT 1998

Hi

Yes i know that, many time spent reading Makefile.in, configure.in and
then
(i hope), check for the option
'--with-headers=/usr/local/<target>/.../include'
becarefull not to add a / at the end of this option.

I ran into the same problem as you since i was building newlib_1.8.0 for
cross
compiling solution.

Brian Cuthie wrote:

> I'm trying to build a 386 embedded development environment using the
> cdk-src gnu distribution on ftp.cygnus.com hosted on a Pentium FreeBSD
> 2.2.5 box.  While attempting to "make all-gcc" the build fails with
> "SYSCALLS.c:86 stddef.h: No such file or directory".  I'm building from
> the src root, with "--target=i386-any-coff" (I think that's what I want
> -- comments?).
>
> Before I spend a week recursing through the Makefiles, anyone know
> off-hand what might be causing this (yes, I know the file's missing).
> The stddef.h file is in "ginclude", which appears not to be included in
> the xgcc invocation that fails.  I'm just not quite sure why and I don't
> want to just move it to make things happy, without knowing the
> ramifications of such a change.

Hope this helps.

Bybye.

Francois.