i486 Solaris 2.5 / embedded m68k cross compiler needed

Michael Skolones michaels@telerobot.com
Wed Feb 11 10:27:00 GMT 1998

     Hello,

     I've been lurking on this mailing list for some time, trying to pick
     up information about building/porting cross compilers.  The _big_
     problem is that I need a particular cross compiler, but I don't know
     if I hve the time to home-brew it.  Therefore I was hoping someone out
     there could tell me if this particular port has ever been performed by
     anyone, anywhere, and what the time commitment might be (roughly, for
     a cross-compiler porting "newbie").  Lastly, if this port is available
     commercially I'd like to know about it.

     I need to be able to compile C++ code for an embedded m68k/VME target
     using a laptop PC running Solaris 2.5   The embedded m68k is running
     VxWorks and an application layer called Control Shell.  I'll assume
     that if I can get a compiler working, I should be able to get
     compatible libraries from the makers of the operating system and the
     application layer.

     Any thoughts?

     Thanks

     Mike Skolones