free RTOS for embedded PowerPC with TCP stack needed

Rob Savoye rob@cygnus.com
Thu Feb 5 08:51:00 GMT 1998

On Thu, Feb 05, 1998 at 08:01:33AM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, THIEBOLT Francois wrote:
>
> I don't know much about VSTa.  I think it is only for ix86's and I do not
> know if there are any claims that it is real-time. The source is at
> ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded.  I apologize for not remembering the
> author's name.

   Vandy is the primary author. It's x86 specific at this point, although
he's working on a mips port. It uses ka9q for the tcp/ip stack, and also
has GDB support. It's definetly not real-time, and it's definetly not
oriented towards embedded use. But it's a pretty solid micro-kernel,
mostly based on plan 9 conceptually.

	- rob -