gdb remote stubs

Joel Sherrill joel@OARcorp.com
Thu Feb 5 05:33:00 GMT 1998

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Robert J. Brown wrote:

>     Joel> I was looking because there has been a "bare pc" BSP
>     Joel> submitted for RTEMS and I was hoping to have a standard gdb
>     Joel> stub to include with it.  I can't believe that the people
>     Joel> developed it with as little debug support as he had.
>
> Probably used ICE.  Still, a symbolic software debugger is nice.

As scary and unpalatable as it is to me, I know of multiple cases where
a BSP was debugged by setting LEDs or putting data out a serial port.  And
that was all there was.  I must be getting old because that does not sound
like fun anymore to me. :)

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985