Compiling ram_init file for m68k-coff-gdb

Henrik Uhrenfeldt uhren@kom.auc.dk
Wed Apr 29 03:26:00 GMT 1998

Hi!

We are a group of computer science students at Aalborg University trying
to compile programs for our MC68331 cpu (closely related to MC68332). We
have installed some RPM's with cross-versions of gcc, as, ld, gdb, and
so on, and we CAN compile motorola object files.

Our problem is the following:

We have set up gdb with a special driver, that is able to remote control
our CPU board, but when gdb initializes the CPU board, it needs a
ram_init file, and we can't find ANY documentation on how to create such
a file and what it should contain. All we know is, that it contains
setup information for some internal (and vital!) registers in the CPU.
We have tried digging round a little in the EFI332 project, but all the
files there seem to be very focused on setting up this complex fuel
injection system, which we don't need.

As this ram_init doesn't work, neither does our object files :-((((

We think, that we need to work on some linker scripts, but we don't know
how. Here's some keywords to what we have been working with but cannot
quite understand in whole:

crt0.o
EFI332_RAM.ld  (how do we choose which .ld file to use?)
sim.h
SEVERAL README's (didn't help us)

We would be VERY happy if one of you guys could give us a hint, or
perhaps a link to a tutorial of some kind.

Thanks...

Best,

* Henrik Uhrenfeldt, uhren@writeme.com   *
* Aalborg University                     *
* Department of Communication Technology *
* D4-group 458, room A3-219, Fr.B 7A     *
* www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/1025 *