Crossgcc 2.8.1 for ppc

Peter Barada pbarada@wavemark.com
Wed Apr 15 13:14:00 GMT 1998

>> ./xgcc  -mrelocatable-lib -S bug.c
>> ./as -o bug.o bug.s
>bug.s: Assembler messages:
>bug.s:47: Internal error, aborting at /gnu/onetree/src/gas/config/tc-ppc.c
>line 4759 in md_apply_fix3
>Please report this bug.
>
>The problem in the bug.s file is the line
>
>	bl g@plt
>
>Does anybody on this list have a hint of what can be done?

I'll bet that you're building with binutils-2.8, you need a newer
version of binutils to get rid of this problem...

--
Peter Barada                            pbarada@wavemark.com
Wizard                                  781-270-7098 x226

"Real men know that you should never attempt to accomplish with words
what you can do with a flame thrower" --Bruce Ferstein