xgcc sends 'bad' parameters to as!

Fredrik Adolfsson frado@swipnet.se
Wed Nov 26 14:50:00 GMT 1997

Fredrik Adolfsson wrote:
> I'm installing a cross-comp for Linux and I just can't
> get the darn thing to build phase one. :-)

> When I try to build (with make LANGUAGES=c), it stops
> at the libgcc2.a and says: as: unknown option -O2.

Well, I got around my problems (by removing the values
for 'LIBGCC*** ='). Jihaaa!

But why does xgcc pass -O and other 'bad' parameters to as?
Is this a bug? A feature?

When are the libgccX.a libraries really required? I made
'fake' ones with ar r <library> /dev/null and I'm using
a supplied assembler stub for system calls.

Regards.

	/F
--
\ Fredrik Adolfsson   Karlstad, Sweden  \0/