xgcc sends 'bad' parameters to as!

Fredrik Adolfsson frado@swipnet.se
Tue Nov 25 18:39:00 GMT 1997

Hi!

I'm installing a cross-comp for Linux and I just can't
get the darn thing to build phase one. :-)

The Binutils installed fine (version 2.7.0.2 I think,
gcc is 2.7.1.2).

Target is decstation-ultrix and host is i586-linux.

When I try to build (with make LANGUAGES=c), it stops
at the libgcc2.a and says: as: unknown option -O2.

The problem is that xgcc passes all parameters to as.
Should it really do this? If I ignore it and 'make install'
it fails to complete the cross gcc.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

	/F
--
\ Fredrik Adolfsson   Karlstad, Sweden  \0/