Cross compiler configuration files

Ejones7 ejones7@ibm.net
Sat Nov 22 08:56:00 GMT 1997

I searched the FAQ, and I'm sure this is a fairly frequently asked
question:   "I don't have UNIX, but wish to build a cross-compiler on
<fill in opsys platform here> without adding a sh/sed combo; how do I
extract & use the configuration information scripts to get
started? or, what configuration information should I setup
in the directory trees?"

I'm trying to bootstrap Canadian GCC on a non-UNIX or
virgin platform. Can anyone point me in a general
direction of some archived notes/messages on this topic?