cross compiler for embedded powerpc using HPUX host

Keith Outwater vac4050@cae234.tu.hac.com
Thu Nov 13 13:03:00 GMT 1997

greetings -
I'm trying to get gcc-2.7.2.1 to cross compile for a powerpc-eabi target
under HPUX 9.05.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  I used the
instructions in the crossgcc FAQ, but be gcc build bombs.  I also
tried to build the egcs-971105 distribution which got farther, but
still died as follows:

.
.
__gcc_bcmp
_varargs
__dummy
_eprintf
./libgcc2.c:1393: stdio.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I built egcs as follows:
./configure --target=powerpc-eabi --prefix=/users/cae213a/vac4050/usr/local
make

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get gcc oregcs to compile?

Thanks,
Keith