GNU compiler for 68360 and 820 cpus

Joel Sherrill <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil> joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil
Wed Mar 26 12:04:00 GMT 1997

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Ola Liljedahl wrote:

> SDS has debuggers with integrated CPU simulators (68K and PowerPC to my
> knowledge). Under Windows 95/NT they are really nice to use. For Unix
> they use MainWin, a Windows API implementation. It feels a little
> foreign and not that nice under Unix.
> >
> > Offhand, I don't even remember what the companies anacronyms stand for.
> SDS = Software Development Systems

That made me remember the problem.  Under Windows, you can buy the
simulator and with no additional simulator specific tools, you can
add custom device support.  Under Windows, you are forced to buy
a copy of the MainWin software.  I seem to recall them telling me
that the MainWin software cost 2-3x the simulator.  The price of
the unix and Windows versions were very similar except for that
problem.

It sounded like a nice product though.

--joel