variation in the platform configuration for 'newlib'

Dr_George_D_Detlefsen drgeorge@ilt.com
Wed Mar 12 09:40:00 GMT 1997

Hello CrossGcc Gurus

How does one setup the configuration of 'newlib' for a variation
of an processor architecture which requires a different 'crt0.s'
and different 'syscalls.c' and different compiler switches.

I want to setup the configuration 'arm-bare-aout' for a bare board
StrongARM. So far, I have gotten 'gcc-2.7.2.2' and 'binutils-2.7'
to compile and install, but I can not yet see how to crate a
platform variation in 'newlib-1.7.0'

Any Suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Sincerely,

 Dr George D Detlefsen,
 InterLinear Technology,                phone:  1-(510)-522-5077
 1420 Harbor Bay Pkwy # 281             fax:    1-(510)-522-1228
 Alameda CA 94502-6556 USA              email:  drgeorge@ilt.com

 `All progress comes thru the work of heretics` -- Dr George