Some Bugs

Bernie Doehner bad@uhf.wireless.net
Wed Mar 5 11:59:00 GMT 1997

> I must not the sco problem wasn't solved by using gmake.The crossgcc patch
> doesn't seem to replace libgcc1.a for sco. I provided a null library and
> got many math-related warnings. I still have to fix some typical BSD
> errors on newlib to get an executable.
>
> >From now on I'll also be replacing gcc-2.7.2 with gcc-2.7.2.1 (2.7.2.2
> also patches the Makefile).

Hi Pedro:

Sorry to hear about your still having trouble even with gmake.  What do
you mean with "replace libgcc1.a for sco"?

At least under BSD, you don't
touch the BSD libgcc1.a. In the process of building the toolchain, you
compile a new libgcc.a that will be used with your crosscompiler (ONLY).

You are the first person I read about that will be trying 2.7.2.1 and
2.7.2.2. I think the changes are rather minor, but I don't know. I assume
you are applying the following patches to 2.7.2:
crossgcc 2.7.2-2.7.2.1 2.7.2.1-2.7.2.2

In this order?

Please let us know how you make out and wether the updated cross compiler
works ok.

Also: Not that it matters and awful lot, but what is your target?

Bernie