Q: convert DOS library to linux

Jacek Dobaczewski jacek@prosys.wroc.pl
Thu Feb 6 01:39:00 GMT 1997

David Wood wrote:

> Hi Jacek et al
>
> >I would like to convert DOS (Turbo C or Microsoft C) library to native
> >Linux binary (library) files supported by ld. Is it possible ? How
> >should I do it.
>
>The first question i would ask is why.
Because I buy Siemens NA-T card with library for DOS (all models) and I
would like to use this hardware on Linux. May be I can use DOS-EMU but I
don’t know how transfer data between DOS process and other Linux
processes.

>I suspect that a lot of the functions
> will either not work dos_findfirst and dos_findnext for instance, any int21 call
> etc. Are you trying to port a DOS application to linux by any chance.

I have some low-level functions  in source (asembler) [direct write and
read procedures between PC and N-AT module and interrupt processing].
I think (hope) that there is no int21 (or DOS specific) call in hi-level
C functions library.
Jacek