linux hosted 68k cross compiler

THIEBOLT Francois thiebolt@irit.fr
Mon Dec 22 00:53:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

michael dorin wrote:

> Help!
>
> I have been trying for two days following several lists of instructions
> and I can't seem to build a cross compiler which will run on Linux that
> builds 68k code for an embedded target.  I don't need any libraries
> I just want to build and assemble 68k code!
>
> My current attempt gives me:
>
> ../src/bfc/cisco-core.c: In function 'cisco_core_file_p'
> ../src/bfc/cisco-core.c: 188 'SIGEMT' undeclared

Yes i've been experiencing such a way, so i moved SIGEMT in a SIGxxx
which is the same (take your favorite workstation and find SIGEMT in
your includes files
then you should find his brother).

If you just want to produce S files format to upload (whitout any C
functions support),
then no matter you use coff elf or aout files format, you just have to
tell
your cross-linker (GAS expected) : -oformat srec

Mine cross-assembler works fine this way.