[rfa] FRV input files

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Wed May 7 18:34:00 GMT 2003


> Andrew Cagney writes:
>  > > (C)FSF?  And what does this have to do with your improvised license
>  > > change?
>  > 
>  > What "improvised license change"?
> 
> Uh, do a diff between your submitted frv.cpu and src/cgen/cpu/frv.cpu.
> ["I did, and src/cgen/cpu/frv.cpu is copyright Redhat!"
> "Uh, I'm refering to the copyright terms."]

(licence terms?)

Having the FSF distribute this code under anything other than the 
standard GPL would be an "improvised license change".

I [wearing a Red Hat] can't dictate the licencing terms under which the 
FSF distributes these FSF (C) files.

> Also, I'm not sure I want *.cpu to say it's part of Binutils.

A file identified as being part of "binutils", is covered by an FSF 
"binutils" assignment.  This makes everyones life a lot easier.

Andrew




More information about the Cgen mailing list