[PATCH] arm: Add missing vcvt for FP16
Andre Vieira
andre.simoesdiasvieira@arm.com
Fri Sep 11 11:46:32 GMT 2026
On 11/09/2026 11:02, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>
> This is ok. Thanks for fixing it up.
>
> I'll state for the record that I find this mapping of instructions to
> a legacy-style internal name that never existed (we'd moved to UAL
> before these instructions were added) *very* confusing, especially
> given the lack of documentation for them.
>
> But it is what it is, and this does not affect the validity of your
> patch; just the number of brain cycles that I have to expend on
> understanding what's going on :(
>
> R.
I don't disagree, it took me a fair few cycles to understand how the
rest of the FP16 and vcvt instructions worked too! But this felt
'in-line' with existing conventions, which is just indicative of how
much aarch32 gas needs a rewrite...
But we both know there be dragons... and snakes... and all other sorts
of critter ...
I'll commit this as is so we at least solve the lack of support for
these instructions.
Thanks.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list