[PATCH] x86: also template-expand trailing mnemonic part
Jiang, Haochen
haochen.jiang@intel.com
Wed Oct 9 03:21:33 GMT 2024
> From: Jiang, Haochen
> Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2024 11:14 AM
>
> > From: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
> > Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2024 6:29 PM
> >
> > So far template expansion was limited to fields other than the insn
> > mnemonic. In order to be able to use <fop> also for AVX10.2 we want
> > the trailing mnemonic part to also be expanded. Split out the
> > respective piece of code into a helper function, which is then invoked twice.
> >
>
> I am not sure if the patch could solve the problem. Since the actual error is
> before...
>
> > static unsigned int
> > expand_templates (char *name, const char *str, htab_t opcode_hash_table,
> > struct opcode_hash_entry ***opcode_array_p, int lineno)
> @@
> > -1746,71 +1809,20 @@ expand_templates (char *name, const char
> >
>
> ... this loop, I am a little concerned about that.
>
> I will have a try on that to see if it works.
>
Aha it works, I forgot that the function itself is wrapped by others. Thank for
your help!
Thx,
Haochen
More information about the Binutils
mailing list