Commit: Move irp macro count test into a separate file

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu May 16 10:43:09 GMT 2024

Hi Guys,

  I am applying the attached patch to move the recent addition of tests
  of the \+ assembler psuedo-variable inside .irp and .irpc pseudos into
  their own separate file.  This is because there a couple of problems
  with this test:

  The first is that the assembler source will trigger an error message
  ("bad escaped character in string") on targets that define
  ONLY_STANDARD_ESCAPES.

  The second problem is weird.  On AIX targets the "\+" regexp in the
  listing file does not match the "\+" in the output file.  Instead an
  extended regexp is needed (ie "\\\+").  But this extended regexp does
  not work for any other target.  I have no idea why the AIX targets are
  special, but I have marked them as XFAIL for this particular test.