[PATCH 0/3] gas: FB and dollar labels

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 09:53:24 GMT 2024


Hi Jan,

> The first patch is the meat here, and potentially a little controversial
> (see remarks there). The other two are cleanup noticed as desirable while
> putting together patch 1.
> 
> Just to given an impression of how confusing (to me at least) present
> behavior can be: Check whether assembling
> 
> 7:
> 	.long 7f
> 	.long 07f
> 	.long 0x7f
> 	.long 0b111f
> 	.long 7uf
> 	.long 7lf
> 
> 07:
> 	.long 7b
> 	.long 07b
> 	.long 0x7b
> 	.long 0b111b
> 	.long 7ub
> 	.long 7lb
> 
> actually matches your expectations.

Huh - I had never even considered such a situation.  But your patch
series makes total sense and I have no objections to it. (And only
one small comment which I will send as a response to the patch itself).

Cheers
   Nick






More information about the Binutils mailing list