[PATCH 1/3] Make several more BFD globals thread-local

Tom Tromey tom@tromey.com
Fri Mar 15 01:15:06 GMT 2024


>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> writes:

Alan> On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 06:12:34PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> >>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <tom@tromey.com> writes:
Tom> Also I think it'd be good if print_warnmsg re-emitted the errors using
Tom> _bfd_error_handler.  This would let gdb print them the way it likes.
Tom> However... that's a change to semantics so I don't know if that's OK or
Tom> whether another error emitter is required.  I guess I don't really know
Tom> how to provoke one of these messages and when they would matter.

Alan> See 5aa0f10c424e commit log.
Alan> The testcase in https://oss-fuzz.com/testcase-detail/4772285297328128
Alan> is the one that prompted all the messing around with errors.  Try
Alan> objdump or nm from 2.36 on that one..

Unfortunately I couldn't access it.  Is there any chance you could send
it to me so I can try it against my patch?

thanks,
Tom


More information about the Binutils mailing list