[PATCH v2] binutils/windmc: Parse input correctly on big endian hosts

Richard W.M. Jones rjones@redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 10:12:26 GMT 2024


On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 10:08:32AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Rich,
> 
> >>>The simple fix is to convert the input to UTF-16BE on big endian
> >>>machines (and do the reverse conversion when writing the output).
> >>
> >>Approved - please apply (mainline and if you wish, the 2.42 branch as well).
> >
> >Thanks - I guess I'm not allowed to push the patch though?
> 
> No you are allowed to push it.
> 
> Sorry for the confusion.  By "apply" I actually meant "commit and push".

Thanks.  Note that someone will need to rerun autoconf for this change
to actually have an effect.  I didn't include that in the patch as the
change is rather large and all in generated code.

Rich.

-- 
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
Read my programming and virtualization blog: http://rwmj.wordpress.com
nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit



More information about the Binutils mailing list