New (APX related) assembler testsuite failures
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:46:14 GMT 2024
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 6:35 AM Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>
> On 19.01.2024 15:32, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > Hi Cui, Hi Jan,
> >
> > I am seeing two new failures in the gas testsuite:
> >
> > FAIL: x86_64 APX_F EVEX-Promoted insns
> > FAIL: x86_64 APX_F EVEX-Promoted insns (Intel disassembly)
> >
> > These only occur in x86_64 toolchains configured for PE targets
> > (eg x86_64-pc-mingw64) and are happening because these targets
> > pad out code sections in order to allow for section alignment.
> > The testsuite log shows:
> >
> > extra lines in tmpdir/dump.out starting with "^ b8c: 90 nop$"
> > EOF from /work/sources/binutils/upstream/current/gas/testsuite/gas/i386/x86-64-apx-evex-promoted-intel.d
> >
> > Could you take a look and maybe tweak something please ?
>
> I'll deal with that on Monday. I'm surprised though, as I thought I
> had sorted such already. But it must have been some other testcase
> then ...
>
> Jan
I pushed the fix into master branch and backported it to
binutils-2_42-branch.
--
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list