Question: What is the exact meaning of the different arrow shapes in objdump output?
Anselm Schüler
mail@anselmschueler.com
Fri Jan 5 17:26:47 GMT 2024
Hi, I have a question containing objdump output format.
When you pass --visualize-jumps to objdump you get fancy arrows, but
sometimes, when the arrows cross, it prints characters I don't know how
to interpret. Specifically, sometimes the arrows end with an X instead
of a > and sometimes arrows split on a > instead of a +.
What does this mean?
PS: I have previously attempted to send this exact message but received
neither a confirmation mail nor can I see the email in the archives. I
am interpreting this to mean that my message was dropped. My only
explanation for this is that your MAILING LIST BLOCKS MULTIPART OR HTML
EMAILS OR EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS. I consider this to be an
insane practice, and not merely because this practice is not disclosed
on the mailing list website (but that makes it all the more insane).
Consider supporting such emails, or, if no mailing list software
supports it, consider abandoning the mailing list format.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list