[PATCH 00/12] aarch64: Add Armv9.4-A support for the d128 extension
Victor Do Nascimento
Victor.DoNascimento@arm.com
Fri Jan 5 16:53:43 GMT 2024
On 1/5/24 16:10, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
>> The d128 extension released as an optional architectural feature for
>> Armv9.4-a introduces 128-bit page table descriptors and support for
>> these.
>
> Did you run the testsuites after applying this patch series ?
Sure did (and in this particular case, as did colleagues in the course
of development discussions) :)
First thing I will ask is this: Did you remember to regenerate the
opcodes/aarch64-(asm|dis|opc)-2.c files??
If you're seeing a *lot* of new failures (easily in the order of the
hundreds), then I'm betting good money that this might be to blame.
Please let me know if you continue face any issues!
Best regards,
Victor
> I ask because I am seeing a *lot* of new failures in the assembler,
> linker and binutils testsuites with this series applied. :-(
>
> For example:
>
> FAIL: gas/aarch64/addsub
>
> and the log shows:
>
> regexp_diff match failure
> regexp "^ 0: 0b0100f0 add w16, w7, w1$"
> line " 0: 0b0000f1 add w17, w7, w17, none #0"
> regexp_diff match failure
> regexp "^ 4: 0b2100f0 add w16, w7, w1, uxtb$"
> line " 4: 0b2100f0 .inst 0x0b2100f0 ; undefined"
> [...]
>
> Perhaps I have mis-applied the patch series, but before I investigate
> further, please could you confirm that these failures are not something
> that you see in your local builds.
>
> Cheers
> Nick
>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list