your patches enabling Arm64's SVE 2.1 extension

Jan Beulich jbeulich@suse.com
Tue Feb 13 07:24:14 GMT 2024

On 13.02.2024 00:16, Srinath Parvathaneni wrote:
> On 2/12/2024 8:00 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> 7) orqv, pmov, tblq, tbxq, uzpq{1,2}, and zipq{1,2} are entirely missing.
>
> I'm aware the above mentioned instructions are missing in binutils and
> I'm currently
>
> working on adding support for these instructions. I will update you once
> the patches
>
> are committed.

In which case - what is the gas/NEWS entry about? Just in case there would
be a 2.42.1, may I ask that it be purged at least there, and perhaps also
from the main branch, until support is actually complete? Alternatively,
Nick, once support is complete maybe that's then really a(nother) reason
to cut a 2.42.1?

Jan