[PATCH] MIPS/GAS: Use addiu instead of addi in test elf-rel

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Nov 24 09:50:13 GMT 2023


Hi Maciej,

>>>    gas/testsuite/gas/mips/elf-rel.d   | 12 +++++-----
>>>    gas/testsuite/gas/mips/elf-rel.s   | 36 +++++++++++++++---------------
>>>    gas/testsuite/gas/mips/elfel-rel.d | 12 +++++-----
>>
>> Approved and applied.
> 
>   The 64-bit MIPS psABI actually specified ADDI rather than ADDIU for
> certain address load sequences and <sys/asm.h> (or Linux <asm/asm.h>)
> macros used to use it.  We abandoned this practice at one point, but I
> find to deliberately remove verification for this instruction rather
> gratuitous.  This should have been done in a better way, still without
> sacrificing MIPSr6 coverage.

By having an r6 version of the test perhaps ?

>   In any case the change description shouldn't have been dropped from the
> commit, which I can see has been correctly prepared for applying via `git
> am'.  Right now it presents itself in the repo as if it's been done with
> no justification whatsoever, and certainly whoever comes across it in a
> few year's time will scratch their head about it.

This is my fault.  I have no idea how to use 'git am', instead I just apply
patches by hand.  If you do not mind, please could you fix this for me so
that the correct description is there ?

Thanks.

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list