[PATCH 01/14] Add support for the Zvbb ISA extension.

Palmer Dabbelt palmer@dabbelt.com
Fri Jun 30 22:16:44 GMT 2023


On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:01:43 PDT (-0700), christoph.muellner@vrull.eu wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 10:57 PM Jeff Law <jeffreyalaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> On 6/30/23 14:29, Christoph Müllner wrote:
>> > On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 7:51 PM Jeff Law <jeffreyalaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On 6/29/23 11:18, Nathan Huckleberry via Binutils wrote:
>> >>> From: Christoph Müllner <christoph.muellner@vrull.eu>
>> >>>
>> >>> Zvbb is part of the vector crypto extensions.
>> >>>
>> >>> This extension adds the following instructions:
>> >>> - vandn.[vv,vx]
>> >>> - vbrev.v
>> >>> - vbrev8.v
>> >>> - vrev8.v
>> >>> - vclz.v
>> >>> - vctz.v
>> >>> - vcpop.v
>> >>> - vrol.[vv,vx]
>> >>> - vror.[vv,vx,vi]
>> >>> - vwsll.[vv,vx,vi]
>> >>>
>> >>> Signed-off-by: Christoph Müllner <christoph.muellner@vrull.eu>
>> >>> [Updated to newest version of RISC-V spec]
>> >>> Signed-off-by: Nathan Huckleberry <nhuck@google.com>
>> >>> ---
>> >>>    bfd/elfxx-riscv.c              |  5 ++++
>> >>>    gas/config/tc-riscv.c          | 13 +++++++++
>> >>>    gas/testsuite/gas/riscv/zvbb.d | 43 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >>>    gas/testsuite/gas/riscv/zvbb.s | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >>>    include/opcode/riscv-opc.h     | 50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> >>>    include/opcode/riscv.h         |  5 ++++
>> >>>    opcodes/riscv-dis.c            |  4 +++
>> >>>    opcodes/riscv-opc.c            | 18 ++++++++++++
>> >>>    8 files changed, 172 insertions(+)
>> >>>    create mode 100644 gas/testsuite/gas/riscv/zvbb.d
>> >>>    create mode 100644 gas/testsuite/gas/riscv/zvbb.s
>> >> This needs appropriate ChangeLog entries as well as an update to the
>> >> binutils/NEWS file.  With those missing pieces this will be OK for the
>> >> trunk.
>> >
>> > I will provide that:
>> > * Adding ChangLog entries to the commit messages
>> > * Adding a commit that updates binutils/NEWS
>> >
>> > I will send a new version on the list within the next hour.
>> Sounds good.  Feel free to push them yourself.   Or if you don't have
>> time, I'll get to them at some point before Nick branches on Sunday :-)
>
> I have sent out v5, but I need someone else to push as I don't have
> write access.
> For convenience the changes can be found here as well:
>   https://github.com/cmuellner/binutils-gdb/tree/riscv-zvk-v5

I just kicked off a test suite run, if it all passes I'll commit it -- 
but if I forget then someone else is welcome to ;)

>
> Thanks,
> Christoph


More information about the Binutils mailing list