[PATCH v3] kvx: New port.

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 23:20:14 GMT 2023


On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 05:09:53PM +0200, Paul Iannetta via Binutils wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 10:45:09AM +0100, Luis Machado wrote:
> > 
> > The builders have caught a few hiccups related to printf modifiers for 32-bit architectures.

> I was not able to fully reproduce but the attached patch should fix
> the build errors.  However, we did not do any validation on 32 bits
> hosts, so I think that even with this patch it will not be enough to
> pass `mack check'.

On x86_64-linux, I check a 32-bit host binutils compile using
CC="gcc -m32" CXX="g++ -m32" \
CFLAGS="-g -O2" CXXFLAGS="-g -O2" \
~/src/binutils-gdb/configure --build=i686-linux --enable-targets=all \
--enable-gold --enable-threads --disable-gdb --disable-gdbserver \
--disable-sim --disable-readline --disable-libdecnumber \
--disable-libbacktrace --disable-gprofng --disable-nls

Specifying --build may not be necessary nowadays, this is from a very
old recipe.

>  I'll work on it so that everything pass by the end
> of the week, so you may want to wait until I have also fixed the
> validation before applying the patch.
> 
> Paul
> 
> 

> @@ -31,8 +31,8 @@ static reloc_howto_type elf_kvx_howto_table[] =
>  	 bfd_elf_generic_reloc,		/* special_function */
>  	 "R_KVX_NONE",			/* name */
>  	 false,				/* partial_inplace */
> -	 0,				/* src_mask */
> -	 0,				/* dst_mask */
> +	 (bfd_vma) 0,			/* src_mask */
> +	 (bfd_vma) 0,			/* dst_mask */
>  	 false),			/* pcrel_offset */
>    HOWTO (R_KVX_16,			/* type */
>  	 0,				/* rightshift */

Please don't add unnecessary casts like the above.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM


More information about the Binutils mailing list