Cross-compile on Linux for Solaris x86
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Thu May 12 20:37:35 GMT 2022
On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 12:14 PM Paul Lucas via Binutils
<binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:
>
> Hello -
>
> I’m building a cross-compiled gcc and binutils on Linux x86_64 for Solaris x86_64. The problem is that the executables produced hard-code the wrong path for the dynamic linker and get killed immediately upon launch. In elfxx-x86.c, the path for ELF64_DYNAMIC_INTERPRETER is defined as "/lib/ld64.so.1", but should be "/lib/amd64/ld.so.1" on a Solaris x86_64 system.
>
> I came across this exact problem here:
>
> https://binutils.sourceware.narkive.com/hNh1UFx2/building-a-cross-for-solaris-x86-target#post2
>
> That thread is 15 years (!) old and implies this issue has beed addressed in the binutils 2.17/2.18 timeframe. I’m building binutils 2.32 and still hitting this same problem.
>
> What’s the fix?
1. Please get binutils 2.38.
2. Configure binutils 2.38 to target Solaris/x86-64.
--
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list