PPC binutils opcodes

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd@gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:06:38 GMT 2022

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 10:46 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
> is there a "--draft" or "--experimental" flag
> that can be set?
> or is it something that is fine under a new CPU name (e.g. -mlibresoc)?

It seems that these are logically the same from the point of binutils:
it even looks like there are -future, as well as stuff like -mspe and
-mvle. We, for now, use -mlibresoc[0]. So, as a matter of fact, there
is, and we use it. But I'd also be interested to know whether this
should be handled differently than it is now.

[0] https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=a1e12c31e28e8c630ad129fd672c25779b360d5f