[PATCH 0/7] Dwarf debug info generation improvements

Jan Beulich jbeulich@suse.com
Mon Mar 28 09:06:11 GMT 2022


Or, as usual, so I hope. I think these are largely independent of one
another, but still fit a common theme. I'd like to note that patches
5 and 6 each individually address the original problem of addr2line
not reporting function names in certain cases, but I think both
changes are desirable to have irrespective of one sufficing for the
specific issue.

The last patch isn't particularly pretty for its ELF dependency, so
I'd welcome comments towards possible improvements.

1: gas/Dwarf: special-case .linefile only for macros
2: RISC-V: add testcase to check line number emission for .insn
3: Arm64: arrange for line number emission for .inst
4: Arm32: arrange for line number emission for .inst
5: bfd/Dwarf2: make find-nearest-line returned function name consistent
6: bfd/Dwarf2: gas doesn't mangle names
7: gas/Dwarf: record functions

Jan



More information about the Binutils mailing list