Fix for bug 28924

Viorel Preoteasa viorel.preoteasa@gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:10:06 GMT 2022


Hi Nick,

I noticed that you answered the bug 28924. I have now added a file that 
can be used to reproduce the problem, and I added also the information 
required to fix the problem.

Viorel

On 3/9/2022 1:42 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Viorel,
>
>> We have a fix for bug 28924.
>>
>> https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=28924
>>
>> The fix is very simple and involves very small changes (2 lines). How 
>> can we have this fix applied? If I send the changes could someone 
>> apply the fix?
>
> Please submit the patch to the binutils mailing list, so that it can 
> be reviewed.
>
> It would also help if you can add a link to the email to PR 28924, 
> once the email
> appears in the binutils mailing list archive.
>
>
>> I could also try to produce a test which does not depend on gcc that 
>> reveals the problem. The dependency on gcc make the test unreliable.
>
> That would be appreciated.  A patch that includes a test is always 
> better than
> one that does not.
>
> Cheers
>   Nick
>


More information about the Binutils mailing list