Re: Build issues due to patch "gprofng: a new GNU profiler" – CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW not defined

Vladimir Mezentsev vladimir.mezentsev@oracle.com
Tue Mar 15 16:59:59 GMT 2022



On 3/15/22 09:54, Vladimir Mezentsev via Binutils wrote:
>
>
> On 3/15/22 08:24, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Vladimir, Hi Tobias,
>>
>>   To save time I have gone ahead and applied a patch myself (attached).
>>   Please let me know if I missed anything or made a mistake...
>>
>> Cheers
>>   Nick
>
>
>  Hi Nick,
> I did not add -lrt for the gprofng/src build.

Sorry,
  not me.

-lrt is needed in the gprofng build.

-Vladimir

>
>
> I suggested the following fix:
>
> % diff --git a/gprofng/configure.ac b/gprofng/configure.ac
> index 8977e8bd4bb..6522b6fab0e 100644
> --- a/gprofng/configure.ac
> +++ b/gprofng/configure.ac
> @@ -35,8 +35,22 @@ GPROFNG_LIBADD="-L../../libiberty -liberty"
>  if test "$enable_shared" = "yes"; then
>    GPROFNG_LIBADD="-L../../libiberty/pic -liberty"
>  fi
> +
> +# Check for the clock_gettime function.
> +AC_CHECK_FUNCS(clock_gettime)
> +clock_gettime_link=
> +# At least for glibc, clock_gettime is in librt.  But don't
> +# pull that in if it still doesn't give us the function we want.
> +
> +if test "$ac_cv_func_clock_gettime" = no; then
> +  AC_CHECK_LIB(rt, clock_gettime,
> +    [GPROFNG_LIBADD="$GPROFNG_LIBADD -lrt"
> +     AC_DEFINE(HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME, 1,
> +           [Define to 1 if you have the `clock_gettime' function.])])
> +fi
>  AC_SUBST(GPROFNG_LIBADD)
>
> +
>  # Figure out what compiler warnings we can enable.
>  # See config/warnings.m4 for details.
>
>
> Thank you,
> -Vladimir
>



More information about the Binutils mailing list