BFD_RELOC_MIPS_16

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@orcam.me.uk
Tue Aug 2 23:59:09 GMT 2022

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022, Alan Modra via Binutils wrote:

> time.  Like BFD_RELOC_8, BFD_RELOC_16 now has no corresponding object
> file relocation, and thus .half, .hword, .short and .dc.w must be
> resolved at assembly time.

 That should be R_MIPS_REL16 AFAICT, reloc #33 according to MIPS NewABI
documentation[1]:

    Name      Value  Field   Symbol  Calculation
R_MIPS_REL16   33    V-hw16   any        S+A

and we have all the bits including a howto in place.  I wonder what
happened that we never had it linked with BFD_RELOC_16.