Adding binutils to the GNU Toolchain buildbot on sourceware

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Tue Apr 26 22:34:11 GMT 2022

Hi Luis,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 08:01:33AM +0100, Luis Machado wrote:
> > If so lets just pick one or more of the workers which seem like stable
> > distros/arches that should always build gdb:
> > https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#/workers
> > (don't pick sourceware, which is special, debian-arm64, debian-armhf,
> > debian-i386 or fedora-ppc64 which are too slow)
> >
> > Provide a file list (directories) of files in the binutils-gdb.git
> > repo that should trigger a build.
> >
> > A configure and make line that does a quick build for just
> > gdb/gdbserver which should always build.
>
> I think the following will do:
>
> ./configure --enable-targets=all; make all-gdb all-gdbserver
>
> or
>
> ./configure --enable-targets=all --disable-sim; make all-gdb all-gdbserver
>
> gdbserver, unlike gdb, will only build natively, hence why it would benefit
> from being built everywhere.

I added a gdb-centos-x86_64 builder. That is a fairly old distro (it
is centos7) but the worker isn't used for that many other builds and
it can do a quick compile in under 5 minutes. Once it works out I'll
add some other distro/arches.

Please review the gdb important files list. I might have missed some
directoy.

Thanks,

Mark