Re: [PATCH 1/2] bfd: move the generation of the XCOFF .loader section after allocations

pro@helflym.eu pro@helflym.eu
Wed Apr 20 09:50:23 GMT 2022


Hi Nick, 

Could you please apply it to me ? I'm no longer working for AIX, thus I don't have access to my setup anymore.
I might be able to do it later but not earlier than mid-May. Thus I would be grateful if you can do it for me. 

Thanks, 
Clément
 
On Wednesday, April 13, 2022 18:29 CEST, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
 Hi Clement,

> bfd/ChangeLog:
>
> * coff-rs6000.c (_bfd_xcoff_put_ldsymbol_name): Write len in
> ldinfo->strings instead of directly in the output_bfd.
> * coff64-rs6000.c (_bfd_xcoff64_put_ldsymbol_name): Likewise.
> * xcofflink.c (struct xcoff_link_hash_table): Remove ldrel_count
> field. Add ldinfo field.
> (xcoff_mark_symbol): Adjust to new ldinfo field.
> (xcoff_mark): Likewise.
> (bfd_xcoff_link_count_reloc): Likewise.
> (xcoff_build_loader_section): Split into two functions: one that
> build the loader section (this function) and one that only size
> it...
> (xcoff_size_loader_section): ... (this function).
> (bfd_xcoff_size_dynamic_sections): Adapt to new ldinfo field.
> Move the part where the dynamic sections are build to ...
> (bfd_xcoff_build_dynamic_sections): ... this function.
> * xcofflink.h: Add bfd_xcoff_build_dynamic_sections prototype.
>
> include/ChangeLog:
>
> * coff/xcoff.h (struct xcoff_loader_info): Add ldrel_count and
> libpath fields.
>
> ld/ChangeLog:
>
> * emultempl/aix.em (_after_allocation): New function.

Patch approved - please apply.

Cheers
Nick
 


 


More information about the Binutils mailing list