[PATCH] gold: Place .note.gnu.property section before other note sections

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:42:58 GMT 2021


On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 4:40 PM Cary Coutant <ccoutant@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer something more general, but it would be considerably more
> > involved. Ideally, we'd recognize which sections would be broken by
> > internal padding (like SHT_NOTE sections, but also perhaps others),
> > and we could set the "must sort attached input sections" flag, then
> > sort the input sections so that 8-byte-aligned sections always come
> > first.
> >
> > This is OK, but it's a reluctant OK.
>
> Upon further reflection, I realize that the "more general" approach I
> was describing would only apply for mixed alignments of input sections
> within one output section, whereas what we have here is multiple
> output sections that get grouped into one segment. Thus, using a
> separate ORDER bucket really is the right approach. Sorry; I withdraw
> the "reluctant" bit.
>
> -cary

Thanks for clarification.

-- 
H.J.


More information about the Binutils mailing list