[BUG Report] objdump on mingw64 does not display debug_rnglists properly

Neeraj Singh nksingh85@gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 19:21:09 GMT 2021

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 9:40 AM Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> > I believe that the binutils team prefers bug reports via
> > https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/, as per
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/.
>
> We do - and I really should have said this myself.  Thanks for reminding us.
>
> > Would you mind opening a ticket there?
>
> As it happens I have already checked in a patch to fix the problem, but Neeraj
> does file a ticket I will update it with a link to the commit.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick

I just sent mail to the overseers to get bugzilla access. Automated
account creation is currently disabled over there. If and when I get
an account, I can file a proper bug.

It looks like the display_debug_ranges issue with initial_length was
already fixed with
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7f024765a48fba4452535a5fc006a7e858730fd.
The bug exists in the 2.37 release of binutils.

Thanks,
Neeraj