[RFC] RISC-V: Fix the 32-bit --enable-targets=all build breakage.

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 01:02:09 GMT 2021

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 10:52:26AM -0300, Luis Machado wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On 11/12/21 6:34 AM, Alan Modra via Binutils wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 04:38:08PM +0800, Nelson Chu wrote:
> > > Hi Alan,
> > >
> > > I see you have a gcc patch to fix the problem of libopcodes, so should
> > > we still need this patch to fix the --target-all on the 32-bit host
> > > machine?
> >
> > No, the patch I just committed now fixed the build problem.
> >

> Unfortunately it seems to have side effects. The bpf sim still gets built
> for a 32-bit host, but its opcodes dependencies are no longer there,
> resulting in undefined references:

Did such a sim configuration actually work prior to my patch?  If it
did, I'm willing to move the bpf files from TARGET64_LIBOPCODES_CFILES
to TARGET32_LIBOPCODES_CFILES.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM