One page document of as

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sun May 2 17:03:40 GMT 2021

On 27 Apr 2021 12:19, Jose E. Marchesi via Binutils wrote:

> >> At the moment when I create a release I follow the steps outlined in
> >> binutils/README-how-to-make-a-release.  Which basically involves
> >> manually creating the documentation and uploading it.
> >
> > wdyt of this ?  we'd need this patch in all the major dirs
> > (bfd/etc...).
>
> An alternative would be to use the gendocs.sh script from gnulib with
> rules like the following:

we should support generating the docs locally by users too.  we can do
gendocs work on top of that, but it shouldn't be in place of it.  this
makes it a lot easier to develop locally and compare things.

if you want to send a patch for integrating gendocs usage, go for it.
it'll require a lot more coordinating with Nick & the release process.

> Note that we don't need to integrate with gnulib-tool in order to use
> these scripts: we could just copy them over.
>
> Properly integrating binutils with gnulib would be better, but that is
> for another project I guess... :)

i sent a patch for importing gendocs into the local gnulib.  but everytime
i've tried to run it, i just get frustrated :).
-mike