How to extract function caller callee relation from an object file?

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 16:13:22 GMT 2021

Hi Peng,

> I want to extract function caller and function callee relation. In the
> following case, it should be
>
> print -> print2

Probably the best way to do this is to enable profiling when you compile
the code, and then examine the profile information after the program is run.

> Also, I don't quite understand "   b:	e8 00 00 00 00       	callq  10
> <print+0x10>". Why I don't see a call to `puts()`? Thanks.

The compiler has probably replaced the call to puts() with a call to printf() instead.