Dependencies: gmp, mpfr, mpc

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sat Jun 26 02:08:24 GMT 2021


On 25 Jun 2021 13:25, German Salazar via Binutils wrote:
> Say, I just built gcc 10.3 and it came with instructions on how to download
> and un-tar the above three dependencies within gcc own top directory; from
> there, it uses them automatically without me having to install those
> dependencies or specify options like "--with-gmp"
> 
> What about binutils?
> Command
> ./configure --help
> shows options "--with-gmp", " --with- mpfr", " --with-mpc"
> 
> Do I need to first install them somewhere? Permanently? Temporary?
> Or
> Can I just place them inside binutils source directory? Would the build
> process use them from there?
> 
> What if I use the just built gcc (with gmp,mpfr,mpc) to build binutils?
> Does it still need explicit access to those three dependencies?

the top level configure script is shared between many projects which is why
you see these options.  however, binutils does not use gmp/mpfr/mpc.  so if
you want to build binutils, ignore those flags.

gdb requires mpfr, but that's it.
-mike


More information about the Binutils mailing list